Anodyne Demo Anodyne Demo

Well done man. The yume nikki influences are pretty apparent, and I can't wait to explore more. I'll probably end up buying the game just to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Good luck with this! I really hope that it gains popularity and becomes as popular/discussed/lore-driven as yume nikki.

Seagaia responds:

gee whiz I hope so too! We put a lot of time and effort into the design of every single place in the game...and how they relate to eachother, etc.

Mindless Mindless

Huh, I guess I'm the only one who thought the game was blatantly making a religion vs gay marriage allegory. I must be spending to much time on reddit.

Anyways, it's an okay game. It doesn't do a very good job being subtle about its message, and I wish there were more possible endings. But I guess you did what you set out to do, so good work.

Seedling Seedling

Awwww yeah. About time I got to play this.

S.R.A.G.: Resurrection S.R.A.G.: Resurrection

it has pixels for artwork

maxman43 responds:

This guy gets it.

Leaks Leaks

I WARNED YOU ABOUT WATER RISING BRO!!!!! I TOLD YOU DOG.

unlimitary responds:

yeah you know what you doing man! :D

Dropping Loads in a Cave Dropping Loads in a Cave

From the title, I thought this was going to be a variation on "don't shit your pants" at first. I was pleasantly surprised though. The game is decently polished and requires a bit of skill.

And oh god, dat music.

TharosTheDragon responds:

Thank you. The title is supposed to be weird and uncomfortable. I pride myself on the polishing in terms of keeping my games bug-free. It may be crap, but at least it runs the way it's supposed to.

The music actually was one of the first things we got and it was so good that when the mood of the art turned out to be much darker than the mood of the music I threw a hissy fit and demanded the art be changed.

Condensity Condensity

dat credits song...

Get meh a beer! Get meh a beer!

This is pretty dark. It was also very straightforward. I have no idea how people can't figure out how to beat it. I've already spent more time writing this review than it took me to beat the game. It's super short, so it doesn't get a very high rating from me. It reminds me of games like "Don't shit your pants", in that it's a 5 second adventure game about finding the different endings. It's lacking in creativity and humor. I know this isn't a very humorous topic, but then again, why would anyone want to play a serious game about having abusive father?

GimmeSumJava responds:

It actually was inspired by Don't shit your pants.

Sorry about the lack of humor, it actually wasn't meant to be funny.